Bhutan tour tariff is set by government and it is mandatory for all the tour operators to provide this tariff to people wishing to travel to Bhutan. Till now the Tour Tariff fixed and monitored by the Royal Government of Bhutan is USD $250 (exclusive of visa fee and surcharges for FIT’s) .
The potential for Tourism industry is growing very years but Bhutan has chosen the right path to ignore the global pace, placing happiness of the people (Gross National Happiness) before outright material gain. Our beloved fourth King Jigme Singye Wangchuck initiated the philosophy of Gross National Happiness. A policy epitomized by “high value, low volume” tourism, which is sustainable tourism management in a small country like Bhutan with preservation of its heritage in a rapidly changing world.
Minimum Bhutan Tourist Tariff
The policy of value tourism is best supported by a system of a daily minimum high season price of USD $250 per person per night for visits to Bhutan. The daily minimum price is most often misinterpreted to be extremely high. The fee in fact covers a package that include all internal taxes and charges including royalty(USD $65 person per night, accommodation(3-4 star category), all meals (American Plan), services of licensed guides, internal transport and camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours.
The royalty portion goes to the government exchequer, which in turn mainly support free medical care, free education and other welfare schemes. All visitors in way therefore make valuable contribution to the welfare system of the country.
The minimum daily package for tourists travelling in a group of 3 persons or more is as follows:
Bhutan Low Season Tourist Tariff
USD $200 per person per night for the months of January, February, June, July, August, and December.
Bhutan High Season Tourist Tariff
USD $250 per person per night for the months of March, April, May, September, October, and November.
Both the above rates are applicable for cultural tours, treks or any other special interest tours.
Individual tourists and smaller groups of less than three persons (FIT’s) shall be subject to surcharge, over and above the minimum daily rates applicable, as follows:
- Single individual USD $40 per night
- Group of 2 persons USD $30 per person per night
- Single Room supplementary USD $25 per night.
- Single Tent supplementary USD $15 per night.
The surcharge will not be applicable to representatives of foreign travel agents on business study or promotional visit duly approved and cleared by the Tourism Council of Bhutan
Bhutan Tourist Tariff Includes:
- Tours specified in the itinerary.
- Accommodation in Govt. approved Hotels on twin sharing basis (minimum 2-3 star category hotels).
- All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
- Tea and Snacks.
- Mineral water on tour.
- Comfortable transportation with driver within Bhutan. We use imported vehicle with branded company like Toyota and Hyundai.
- Trekking equipment like best sleeping tents, dining tents, kitchen tents, toilet tents, mattresses, and sheets.
- Services of fluent English speaking guides.
- Trekking cooks and trek assistant.
- Supply of pack animals.
- Entrance fees for Museum and monument fees.
Bhutan Tourist Tariff does not include:
- Travel/medical/personal insurance.
- Rescue operations by helicopter during High Mountain trek.
- Transfer and services outside Bhutan.
- Visa fee of USD $20 per person.
- Wire transfer fee for transferring tour payment from your bank to Bhutan.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Drinks(alcohol and beverages)
- Hotels laundry
- Communication charges
The Daily Tourist tariff mentioned above is for person per night.
The day on departure for outbound journey “the Travel Agent” will be obliged for limited to breakfast and drop to Paro Airport.
For additional services mentioned will be provide like staying in luxuries hotels in limited places in Bhutan, Luxury transport is extra charges.